Sam Kyei was a chief economist at BNSF Railway from November 2002 to March 2018. He retired from BNSF in April 2018. He is chief economist at SAK Economics, LLC since May 2018. He is a certified business economist (CBE) with about 40 years of total work experience (30 years in the rail industry). His current activities include consulting, keynote presentations and volunteering on boards.
Sam, who is an American citizen, was born in Ghana, West Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, University of Cape Coast, Ghana
- Master’s degree in economics, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Board Chair, TCU AddRan College of Liberal Arts
- Board Member, National Association of Business Economics (NABE)
- Member, Dallas-Fort Worth Association of Business Economics (DABE)
- “Who’s Who, US Corporate Black Minorities,” Dollars & Sense Magazine, 1999
- Member, Harvard Industrial Economists Group
- Certified Business Economist (CBE), the certification in business economics and data analytics designated by NABE. It certifies the professional accomplishment, experience, abilities and the mastery of a body of knowledge critical for a successful career in the field of economics and data analytics.
Sam, his wife Pia, and his two sons, Gabe and Terry, live in Southlake, Texas.